1. Purpose of the Position
This is a managerial position responsible for managing and administering the Ministry of an education communications system in the best professional way. Under the directives of the Director General, the communication director shall be responsible: for proper planning, directing, coordinating, and controlling the communication department.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the public views of the Ministry are favorable to the citizens.
• Support drafting of the ministry of education messages to the public outreach
• Summarizes and analyses the news contained in the press release both internal and external
• Ensure all communication instruments of the Ministry are properly handled and fully functional.
• Cooperate with relevant authorities by delivering accurate information to the public.
• Perform affairs that have to do with journalism and media audio-visual and electronics
• Prepare communication affairs related to the media field and other tasks assigned by the director general, minister, and any other relevant
• Keep records of the Ministry communication documents.
• Support members of the staff to set up the report with representatives for visual calls
• Support corporate strategy and message development, pitch, and announcement strategies.
• Assist development of internal communications and external media relations.
• Determines communications strategy and executes programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the State president.
• Establish media relations and maximize media opportunities.
• Have strong relationships with media representatives.
• Support delivery and packaging plans for corporate messages.
• Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, online, intranet, video, special projects, and assignments.
• Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines.
• Provide support assistance to the protocol and public relation department.
• Assist the management, strategy, and execution of IT infrastructure for the Ministry of education
• Support technical communication alignment with State goals.
• Direct the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes
• Working with information experts to find solutions to manage better activities.
• Supervise the work of the department and staff performance.
• Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy
• Prepare and manage all communications material
• Develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders
• Lead a team of communication, and design professional’s platform
• Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio, and print content for the ministry
• Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management
3. Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass media communication, public relations or, any other related disciplines.
• Four years’ Experience related to the field
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must possess good communication skills
• Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyze and solve complex problems
• Must be able to plan and organize work
• Computer literacy (ICT)
• Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
• Ability to motivate and mentor state president staff.
• Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
How to apply
Please download the Application Form: Here
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill out the application form and send it to email@example.com by not later than 16th February 2023
• Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
• Application form should be sent as an attachment in word format.
• Females and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.