1. Purpose of the Position
This position is an operational position within the Secretariat of the HSS Ministry of Education. The Ministry of Education and Higher Learning has been established to oversee the proper Education of HSS. The Examination officer will assist the Director of the Examination Department and MOE.
The Examination Officer is expected to organize all examination processes, in liaison with staff, students, parents, and examination boards, to ensure that all students are entered and scheduled appropriately for examinations. To administer all internal and public examinations according to the published guidelines and procedures, ensuring all regulations are followed by the examination staff and all students are provided with the necessary materials and arrangements to optimize their exam success.
Also, the duties of the Examination Officer include managing the capture, storage, and processing of data and the production of associated reports, Certificates, and analyses relating to student performance in support of the college’s aim to raise academic results.
2. Responsibilities and Duties
• Give out and revoke licenses for private schools, certification of teachers, textbook licensing other teaching material for use in schools, printing and framework regulations for state exams/examination;
• Supervise and control annual state exams together with the HSS Examination Board.
• Provide academic and professional development and management support services to school inspectors;
• Prepare strategies for improving the quality of basic and teachers’ education;
• Coordinate &supervise school inspection services for basic education institutions; and inspect and recommend for registration of schools
• Develop Policies and Procedures for schools/Colleges and teachers
• Distribute examination results, d with queries arising from results, and administer re-mark requests.
• Follow all deadlines, guidelines, and procedures as laid down by examination boards and with the ministry of MOE.
• Scrutinize applications for ownership and establishment of schools and teachers’ colleges and recommend accordingly;
• Maintain and update a register of schools, teachers, and teachers’ colleges
• Giving guidelines for textbook preparation
• Procuring/assigning textbook preparation (textbook contents, drafting)
• Analysis of State Examinations;
• Any other tasks that may be assigned as appropriate
3. Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Education Management or other related fields.
• At least 3 years’ experience working education system or education management and competencies in leadership management coordination and collaboration with the ability to work as a team leader.
• Most show evidence of working knowledge of principles of the quality education system
• Knowledge of the Somali education system and education policy
• Sound leadership and organization development skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and must be assertive and be able to easily identify, IT competencies in word, excel, PowerPoint,
• Knowledge of the local community and able to communicate in local languages.
• Ability to collate and analyse information.
• Ability to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent listening and questioning skills
• Honest and fair in applying rules
• Ability to communicate Somalia and English well both orally and in written.
• Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
How to apply
Please download the Application Form: Here
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill out the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 16th February 2023
• Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
• Application form should be sent as an attachment in word format.
• Females and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.