1. Purpose of the position
This position is finance support position within the finance department of the Ministry of education. Under the directives of the finance director, the finance officer shall carry out effective administration of accounting and financial reporting for the ministry of education. Responsibilities include financial reporting, ledger maintenance and management of the Bisan financial management information system (“FMIS”), ensuring ministry complies with the financial legislation, regulations and instructions in regard to their reporting requirements. The incumbent will provide impartial, accurate and timely financial information as and when requested by the finance director.
2. Duties & Responsibilities
• Support annual and supplemental budget development process for the ministry of education and act as liaison between the budget department of the Ministry of Finance and ministry when negotiating all budgets and transections. Budget development will require utilizing the Bisan Budget Preparation Module (BPM) when the system is devolved to ministry
• Assist budget execution process for the ministry, ensuring all execution processes are in full accordance with all PFM Regulations and Instructions as issued by the Minister for Finance.
• Ensure no bank accounts are opened in the name of the ministry of education or donor-funded project unless there is specific written permission from the Minister for Finance.
• Assist to be Produced and analysed financial reports in accordance with specific deadlines and format as outlined in the PFM Acts and supporting Regulations to the PFM Acts.
• Prepare any ad-hoc financial reports as required by senior management within the ministry
• Support annual audit process, liaise with both the internal and external auditors, and assess any changes necessary.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Finance Director.
• Provide registry, managerial and courier services; manage office records such as invoices and all payments related documents.
• Ensure the timely acquittal of working funds (if used) on a monthly basis or as directed by Finance director.
• Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Finance director.
3. Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in Business Administration/ Accounting and or Financial Management
• Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) – desirable.
• At least 3 years’ accounting experience obtained by working either in a public sector financial department or relevant INGO.
• Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages and in particular Excel – essential
• Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
• Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve problems.
• Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
• Must be proactive and work unsupervised
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must have knowledge of accounting standards techniques.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment
How to apply
Please download the Application Form: Here
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 16th February 2023
• Please quote the position you are applying in the subject of the e-mail.
• Application form should be sent as an attachment in word format.
• Females and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.