1. Purpose of the position
This position is a managerial position responsible for managing the HR functions of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Learning such as human resource planning, control, and the implementation of HR service through employee cohesive relations, evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices. Prepare effective administrative monthly payroll of the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Higher Education staff according to the HSS PFM policies.
The incumbent will liaise with other departments to ensure that relevant information is available to realize the ministry of education’s objective goals. In consultation with the Civil Service Commission (”CSC”) support the implementation of people-related services, policies, and provide information in relation to Human Resources issues CSC legislations.
2. Duties & Responsibilities
• Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture;
• Provide registry, managerial, and courier services; and manage office records.
• Facilitate general custodian services including maintenance of office equipment.
• Support the annual audit process, liaise with both the internal and external auditors, and assess any changes necessary.
• Support the annual budgeting process in conjunction with the other departments of the Ministry of Education.
• Providing and interpreting financial information purposely for HR issues.
• Coordinate implementation of ethics and value promotion activities including pre-vention of corrupt practices.
• Make a request to the CSC on recruitments, placements, resignation confirmations, promotions, and transfers of staff under the directives of the director general.
• Coordinate implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System as-sess the appraisal results; prepare implementation reports; and make follow-ups on the implementation of the recommendations on individual OPRAS forms;
• Process and update records of various leaves of absence;
• Facilitate orientation/induction programs for new entrants in the service;
• Prepare effective administrative monthly payroll of the Ministry of Education staff according to the HSS PFM policies
• Carry out training needs assessment for the Ministry of Education staff and prepare training programs in liaison with the CSC.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports at the request of the departmental director
• Carry out any other duties as assigned by the management.
3. Qualifications and experiences
• Bachelor’s degree in Human resource/ BA, Public Administration, or Economics.
• Master’s degree in business or human resource management is desirable
• Sound human resource management skills. – essential
• The position requires at least 3 years of experience obtained by working in the area of human resources or business in a public sector department or institution at a sen-ior level.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Honest and fair in applying rules
• Ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy
• Must be a computer literacy
• Must be able to assist senior management on human resource matters
• Must be knowledgeable in human resource and business practices and procedures.
• Abilities to communicate well both orally and in writing.
How to apply
Please download the Application Form: Here
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill out the application form and send to email@example.com by not later than 16th February 2023.
• Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
• Application form should be sent as an attachment in word format.
• Females and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.