1. Purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the planning and policy Director, the planning and policy officer will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the Strategic Plans and reviewing organizational and departmental policies for the ministry of education.
The Policy and Planning officer will assist the planning and policy director to oversee the Ministry’s Policy and planning issues and ensure Policy compliances in accordance with Government Policy and relevant legislation.
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical planning and management skills to the Ministry of Education in establishing functional planning, goal setting, and policy-related matters for all education sub-sectors.
• Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring the Strategic Plans of the Ministry in collaboration with other stakeholders.
• Assist in developing and reviewing policies that affect the Ministry.
• Collect, analyze and compile data on social, economic and political issues.
• Prepare working papers, reports and briefs designed to aid in the process of planning, policy formulation and problem solving.
• Report to Head, Policy and Planning on developments and changes in legislation, regulations, international standards and other relevant research.
• Perform related work as may be required.
• Provide Support in Developing MoE Annual, Quarterly and Monthly plans and Monitor them on timely basis and share the status reports on monthly basis.
• Monitors the status of MOE plans on a regular, systematic basis and link with the State plan
• Disseminates information concerning the content of MOE plans and progress toward their achievement.
• Provides technical assistance to The Director of Policy, departments and programs in analyzing current status, identifying directions and needs, and developing long-range plans.
• Set up School Construction Plans and other Education Project interventions, review and update educational statistics profile for the Ministry of Educational for all Education Centers in State level.
• Develop appropriative educational data collection tools, regularly compile and analyze data to prepare relevant reports for planning and monitoring purposes.
• Provide support in operating educational management information system regularly.
• Undertake a regular training for senior staffs at MOE headquarter and the regional education officers on data collection, data entry, compilation, and collation of education data from the schools.
• Supervise, train and lead staff performance appraisals in a bias free mood.
• Prepare updated data and information for education coordination, review and planning meetings as well as providing inputs for monthly and quarterly report.
• Keeps all meeting minutes and other sources, to provide information for decision making and/or problem resolution related to planning and policy.
• Revises and finalizes planning and policy-related documents, reports, and plans for dissemination to appropriate individuals, groups, and/or agencies, according to prescribed schedules and guidelines.
• Assists in processing research requests from individuals, groups, and/or outside agencies.
• Performs any other related duties assigned by the management
3. Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in education, Social Science, Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or related field.
• Experience in educational planning, policy, research and/or evaluation
• Have at least four 3 years relevant professional experience in the Public Service or Private Sector.
• Possesses a high level of analytical, policy, and management skills.
• The ability to provide leadership, direction, and motivation to the Ministry of education
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, including the ability to effectively work with and support the members of a team and work collectively in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
• High standards of ethical behavior and integrity.
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve complex issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Somali languages
How to apply:
Please download the Application Form: Here
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill out the application form and send it to email@example.com by not later than 16th February 2023
• Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
• Application form should be sent as an attachment in word format.
• Females and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day