1. Propose of the Position
The Quality Assurance director shall provide professional services of support, guidance, monitoring, inspection, evaluation and reporting on the process of teaching and learning in schools, on the development and the implementation of the curriculum, syllabi, pedagogy, resources, the necessary modes of assessment and on the administration, the assurance and auditing of quality and standards in colleges and schools.
2. Duties and Responsibility
• Collecting data related to the public and private schools
• Conduct assessment and surveys on public and private schools
• Ensure the application of the national curriculum; coordinate with primary schools, secondary school, TVET, ABA Schools and adult education unit
• Monitor and evaluate public and private schools’ performance
• Supervision and oversight of the public and private schools
• Students and teachers’ assessments
• Recommend strategies for improving the quality of basic and teachers’ education;
• Coordinate, monitor and evaluate school services for basic education institutions; and
• Inspect and recommend for Regional of schools.
• Develop and issue guidelines and specifications for buildings, furniture and equipment; rehabilitation and preventive maintenance and environmental protection for education institutions;
• Prepare standard architectural and engineering designs for education institutions;
• Provide professional advice to consultants, investors on appropriate standards for construction of education institutions;
• Carry out Physical condition surveys and evaluate the state of buildings, furniture and equipment in education institutions;
• Conduct feasibility studies and cost estimates for construction and rehabilitation works in education institutions;
• Supervise construction and rehabilitation works in education institutions;
• Liaise with the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Settlements Development on education institutions regarding boundaries;
• Conduct training to education stakeholders on the use of guidelines and manuals related to construction and rehabilitation of education institutions; and
• Monitor and evaluate construction and rehabilitation works in education institutions. Promote and facilitate research activities in Education institutions;
• Promote and facilitate admissions, ensure quality education and equitable access to education at affordable cost;
3. Qualification &Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of education
• At least 4 years of experience in Education and experience in data management
• Most show evidence is to improve the quality of education system by Developing designing Education data Base EMIS.
• Knowledge of the Somali education system and education policy
• Sound leadership and organization development skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and most be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problem.
• Exam Coding, Exam Capturing and Marking after school year Examination.
How to apply
Please download the Application Form:Here
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill out the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 16th February 2023.
• Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
• Application form should be sent as an attachment in word format.
• Females and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.